PMP Certification Training St. Louis
Our 4 Day Project Management Professional Boot Camp provides a quick and convenient approach to PMP certification. You’ll learn from top expert practitioners and gain the knowledge needed to pass the PMP exam and meet the PMI education hours required for certification, all in one boot camp.
Get PMP Certified, Guaranteed!
Industry leading 98% pass rate
PMP Certification is the goal, a PMP Boot Camp in St. Louis is how you get there. You’ll learn the critical project management concepts, principles and techniques needed to pass the PMP exam on your first attempt.
The Project Management Professional credential is recognized globally, making it one of the best educational investments in your career. A recent report by the Project Management Institute, “The Earning Power: Project Management Salary Survey” shows that PMP certified project managers have a significant advantage, often earning more than 20% higher pay than their non-certified colleagues. The potential benefits of earning your Project Management Certification is clear: a higher salary, greater job security, and expanded career options.
Exam Pass Guarantee
Why take a PMP Boot Camp?
Once you’ve determined that PMP Certification Training is the next step in your career, your focus should turn from “Should I do it?” to “How do I do it?” Our PMP Boot Camp is an accelerated, guaranteed path to achieving to becoming PMP Certified. This comprehensive course covers every subject that you need to know to pass the exam, as outlined by PMI, as well as in depth test taking strategies. You will spend time learning about the core concepts of the project management framework and advanced methods of cost, schedule and risk management. During the course, you will take realistic mock exams to help prepare you. Having that experience means less stress during the real exam. A classroom environment, with a group of your peers increases your aptitude and can help build and maintain your motivation to finish your goal.
Who should attend a PMP Training Class?
Before you can sit for the Project Management Professional exam, you need to meet PMI’s PMP Eligibility Requirements. This means you will have to be established enough in a project management role to have at least three and, in some cases, as many as five years of experience. In addition to the work experience required, PMI mandates that all applicants obtain 35 hours of project management education. Our training course meets all of the specifications set forth by PMI, in the PMP Exam Content Outline and is aligned to the PMBOK 6th edition. Candidates who want to achieve certification, in a streamlined, managed approach, while maintaining a work-life balance benefit greatly from a structured training class.
PMP Exam Prep Training Syllabus
Project Management Professional Boot Camp Syllabus
Our curriculum is based on the PMBOK Guide 6th edition and uses a problem-based and collaborative approach to learning. We emphasize more equality and connection between the instructor and learner. We blend these approaches with simple memorization techniques in order to keep the vast amount of information organized and memorable. The entire design of the course is focused on ensuring your readiness to pass the PMP Certification Exam.
The PMP certification exam has 180 multiple choice questions. The questions are randomly presented from a possible pool of over 10,000. In order to be successful, you will need to do more than simply memorize terms. The questions focus on the learning domains identified in Bloom’s Taxonomy and test your ability to remember, analyze, apply critical thinking and understand how different components relate to one another.
Remembering involves recognizing or remembering facts, terms, basic concepts, or answers.
Comprehending involves demonstrating an understanding of facts and ideas by organizing, comparing, interpreting, giving descriptions, and stating the main ideas.
Applying involves using acquired knowledge—solving problems in new situations by applying acquired knowledge, facts, techniques, and rules.
Analyzing involves examining and breaking information into component parts, determining how the parts relate to one another, identifying motives or causes, making inferences, and finding evidence to support generalizations.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recall key inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs for each Project Management Body of Knowledge process
- Recall key project management formulas (earned value technique, forecasting, procurement, and communications lines)
- Create and interpret a schedule network diagram
- Articulate the fundamental principles of the PMBOK knowledge areas
- Navigate scenario based questions, and given a list of alternatives, determine the appropriate input, tool, and technique, or output that applicable in the situation
- Determine and apply the appropriate project management formula in situational based scenarios.
- Choose the best answer based on an understanding of the PMBOK knowledge areas and code of conduct.
Here is more information relating to what you will learn in the PMP Exam Prep Class:
Module 1 – Starting with the End in Mind
Project Management Roles & Environments
PMI Terminology and Structure
PMP Exam strategies & tips and tricks
Module 2 – Creating and Managing High Performing Teams
Creating and Leading High Performing Teams
Define Team Ground Rules
Build Shared Understanding, Manage Conflict
Negotiate Project Agreements
Empower Team Members and Stakeholders
Ensure Team Members and Stakeholders Are Trained
Engage and Support Virtual Teams
Support Team Performance and Apply Emotional Intelligence
Address and Remove Impediments, Obstacles, and Blockers
Collaborate and Mentor Stakeholders
Module 3 – Planning and Managing the Project Work
Determine Appropriate Project Methodology/Methods and Practices
Plan and Manage Scope, Budget, Resources and Schedule
Plan and Manage Quality of Products/Deliverables
Integrate Project Planning Activities
Plan and Manage Procurement
Establish Project Governance Structure
Assess and Manage Risks
Execute Project to Deliver Business Value
Create Project Artifacts
Manage Project Changes and Issues
Ensure Knowledge Transfer to Project Continuity
Module 4 – Managing the Business
Manage Compliance Requirements
Evaluate and Deliver Project Benefits and Value
Evaluate and Address Internal and External Business Environment Change
Support Organizational Change
Employ Continuous Process Improvement
Module 5 – Final Exam
Review of Questions & Answers
Each class includes hands-on course exercises including:
Practice exercises targeted at the range of learning styles
Network Diagram Exercises
Earned Value Exercises
Chapter Specific Practice Tests
90-day Access to an Exam Simulator
What you’ll learn
- Identify and overcome knowledge gaps
- Guidance for Application process
- Increase comfort and ability with PMP Exam questions
- Learn useful tips and tricks to increase comprehension
- Learn and apply critical test-taking strategies
- Apply real-world project management concepts
- Complete PMP Certification preparedness
- Comprehensive Pre-Class Study Guide
- Satisfies the required 35 contact hours
- Online PMP Certification Simulator
- 1000+ Practice Questions
- In-Class Exercises
- 100% Exam Pass Guarantee
- Lunch and Snacks Provided During Class
Interested in an Online Class?
We offer online training delivered live by an expert instructor via webinar. All of our online certification courses offer the same curriculum as our face to face classes, but from the comfort and convenience of your home.
We Love Our Customers
See What Our Students Have to Say
Nate was a great instructor and really made the material accessible. The boot camp provided a ton of information, but was not overwhelming. I definitely feel well prepared for the exam after this course
My instructor did a good job of delivering the Project Management Professional course material. His personal insights were helpful to the class and kept the class focused on preparing for the PMP test.
Why Choose Us for Your St. Louis PMP Certification Training?
When choosing a training provider for your PMP certification, please consider, not all PMP courses are the same. The quality of instruction in PMP exam prep courses can vary significantly. Many courses do not fully prepare you for the exam, instead offering you a roadmap of what you need to learn on your own. When investing in your career you should never sacrifice quality for cost. If you review the key decision factors, we believe you will find Certification Academy provides the best value. We blend proven learning concepts with simple memorization techniques to make sure you are able to keep the vast amount of information we cover organized and memorable. Our PMP Exam Prep Boot Camp in St. Louis is an accelerated, guaranteed path to achieving your PMP certification.
Here are a few more key reasons to join our class:
Our team of seasoned instructors is among the largest in the country with notable Project Management experience. They are experienced trainers who employ proven adult learning practices and straightforward internalization techniques to build engagement, motivation, and increase recall.
Rated 4.85/5 based on 1465 reviews
Firm Course Dates
When you register for one of our classes, you are guaranteed it will run as scheduled. You can focus on your training and certification, and not worry about cancellations or delays.
100% Money Back Pass Guarantee
We know your PMP certification training is an important milestone in your career. We understand the value you place in spending your time and money wisely. That’s why we back up all of our courses with a 100% money-back guarantee. If you’ve looked at even one other PMP Boot Camp website, you know that a money-back guarantee is a standard fare for courses like this. All guarantees are not created equal, though. We don’t want to hide small print behind big promises: we want you to know, precisely, what our guarantee does and doesn’t cover so you can make an informed decision.
The Project Management Professional exam is tough.
We are with you every step of the way.
No matter what you may read, the truth is that there is no easy path when it comes to PMP exam readiness. Most students need 3-6 weeks of study before they’re ready to sit for the exam. What’s true of most, of course, isn’t true for all: some applicants will fall onto either side of that average, and a full 50% will never sit for the exam at all.
- Application assistance
- Readiness roadmap
- Postclass support
- Complete study resource
Meet Your Instructors
Nathan K., PMP
“Students success is at the heart of our curriculum. Knowing what to expect on the exam and what to focus on is critical.”
Don S., PMP
“I’ve taught PMP Certification for 15 years and I’m still always excited to get a message from a successful student.”
Lynn K., PMP, PMI-ACP
“Students success is at the heart of our curriculum. Knowing what to expect on the exam and what to focus on is critical.”
Upcoming St. Louis Training Class Schedule
|Missouri||Clayton||St. Louis - Clayton||Apr 17th - Apr 20th||$1,899|
|Missouri||Clayton||St. Louis - Clayton||May 15th - May 18th||$1,899|
|Missouri||Clayton||St. Louis - Clayton||Jun 12th - Jun 15th||$1,899|
|Missouri||Clayton||St. Louis - Clayton||Jul 10th - Jul 13th||$1,899|
|Missouri||Clayton||St. Louis - Clayton||Aug 7th - Aug 10th||$1,899|
|Missouri||Clayton||St. Louis - Clayton||Sep 4th - Sep 7th||$1,899|
|Missouri||Clayton||St. Louis - Clayton||Oct 2nd - Oct 5th||$1,899|
|Missouri||Clayton||St. Louis - Clayton||Oct 30th - Nov 2nd||$1,899|
|Missouri||Clayton||St. Louis - Clayton||Nov 27th - Nov 30th||$1,899|
|Missouri||Clayton||St. Louis - Clayton||Dec 25th - Dec 28th||$1,899|
|Missouri||Clayton||St. Louis - Clayton||Jan 22nd - Jan 25th||$1,899|
|Missouri||Clayton||St. Louis - Clayton||Feb 19th - Feb 22nd||$1,899|
|Missouri||Clayton||St. Louis - Clayton||Mar 18th - Mar 21st||$1,899|
Benefits of Attending a PMP Boot Camp
- Achieve Your Goal
- Retain More Information
- Stay Focused
- Connect Real World Experience
- Have Dedicated Support
It doesn’t matter what you’re preparing for; one thing is always true: it’s easier to plan it than to do it. When you spend your days making crucial decisions, your well-laid plans often fall victim to diminished self-discipline by nightfall. Sure, you know you should be studying, but that knowledge doesn’t make it any easier to summon the motivation to do it night after night. An accelerated in-person PMP Certification Boot Camp takes the temptation to postpone test prep off of the table and, instead, gives you space to immerse yourself in the materials. Our courses are designed to remove the distractions of your everyday life so you can fully focus your time and attention on the coursework and be exam-ready in less time than if you’d studied on your own
Our 4-day PMP Boot Camp gives you more than mere exposure to the fundamentals and concepts on the test. It provides a focused educational experience with a rigorous schedule. Throughout the course, you’ll talk through the concepts and situations with your instructor and peers so you can ground your learning and recall it when you need it.
Many an enthusiastic applicant has been struck down by the jargon-heavy style of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). Interacting with an expert instructor who can translate the language into practical terms helps to ensure you grasp the content and lets you test your understanding. Studying with a group of your peers in a classroom environment can also help build and maintain your motivation for the exam. It’s easy to get distracted and lose focus when you’re alone at your desk with a book. Studying with others who share your goals can help keep you accountable and sustain or stimulate determination.
Your years of practical experience are the most valuable thing you bring to your role. Without them, you wouldn’t be qualified to sit for the PMP exam in the first place. Distilling what you know from doing into the foundations and principles on the PMP exam, however, can challenge even the most experienced project managers. Your PMP Certification Training Instructor will help you connect your experience to the exam materials, putting what you’ve learned on the job into context so you can apply it on the exam.
Your PMP Certified trainer is an expert project manager with in depth understanding of the training materials but also in exam readiness. Every student who enrolls in and completes the Certification Academy PMP Boot Camp receives one-on-one guidance from their trainer and an individualized learning plan based on their current proficiency and progress towards their education requirements.
PMP Training Course Location
Our courses are located at convenient, professional training facilities.
St. Louis - Clayton
Our Training facility in the Pierre LaClede business center occupies the 11th floor of a renovated 24-story prestige building in Clayton, a suburb of St Louis, MO. Set in beautifully landscaped grounds, that include a private veranda and revitalized plaza. Centrally located near I-40 and I-70 and only 10mi from Lambert -St. Louis International Airport, make this location easily accessible for all.
7733 Forsyth Blvd, Suite 1100Clayton, Missouri 63105Map and Directions
How Difficult is it to Get PMP Certified?
The Project Management Institute (PMI) doesn’t try to hide the truth about the degree of difficulty required to pass PMP Certification exam: it’s a tough test, and many high-achieving project managers walk away from it with a failing score. They’re not failing because they didn’t care or didn’t see the value in preparing. It doesn’t matter how much time or effort you commit to exam prep: if you don’t know what to study, achieving a passing score is highly unlikely.
Generally accepted statistics hold that only about 50% of those who begin preparation for the PMP exam even take it. With a registration rate so significantly culled, you might expect that only the overwhelmingly prepared would ultimately sit for the exam and the pass rate would be very high. Unfortunately, that’s not the case. The overall first time pass rate is right around 40%.
So why do so many experienced and successful project managers end up failing an exam in their area of (proven) expertise? For the same reason that some of the best guitarists of all time, including Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan, would fail an assessment of their music reading abilities. No list of the world’s best guitarists omits these men, yet none of them can read music. Their talent and skills were honed with practice rather than instruction, as is often the case for project managers who reach the top of their field through on-the-job experience rather than classroom instruction.
You don’t do your job by reading a situational question and picking from among the available answers, so applying your real-world project management experience to the PMP exam can be a significant challenge. For experienced PM’s looking for a way to overcome this obstacle the 4-day intensive St. Louis PMP Certification Boot Camp provides a practical, streamlined solution.
PMP Certification Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply to sit for the exam?
- Candidates must complete an online application with the Project Management Institute (PMI). The application asks you to detail some of your work history and education. Once started, you have 90 days to complete it. It has an auto-save function so you can come back to it if you take a break from working on it. Once submitted, an employee of the Project Management Institute will review it.
- Typically, it takes about 3-5 five business days to review your application. Once approved, you will receive an e-mail from PMI. In the email will be an eligibility code. You will need this code to pay for and schedule the second part of the PMP certification process: the exam.
How do I schedule a time to sit for the exam?
Once you are eligible to take the exam, the scheduling instructions received from PMI will instruct you to contact PearsonVUE, to select a date and location for taking the exam. The PMP exam is a computer-based exam and may be scheduled by applicants at any time available at any of the testing sites or online.
Scheduling the Exam
Once you have been approved by PMI and paid the PMP certification exam fee, you can schedule your exam with PearsonVUE. You will have one year from the time your application is approved to take the exam. You may take the exam up to 3 times during this eligibility period. You can find a complete list of testing locations on the PearsonVUE PMI page.
Sitting for the Exam
The PMP Exam is taken at a PearsonVUE test center or Online and is 180 questions with a 230 min (3 hr 50 min) time limit. The questions are broken down into 3 domains; People 42%, Process 50%, Business Environment 8%
Questions will be a combination of multiple-choice, multiple responses, matching, hotspot and limited fill-in-the-blank. You will receive your results immediately.
How much does it cost to sit for the PMP exam?
- The exam costs $405 for PMI members and $555 for non-members. The annual fee for PMI membership is $139, so you reduce your cost if you become a member and then schedule your exam.
What if I have to cancel my test date after scheduling the exam?
- You may reschedule or cancel your exam if done at least two full days prior to your exam date. However, canceling or rescheduling the exam within 30 days of a scheduled exam date will incur a rescheduling fee of $70. Be sure to confirm the cancellation/rescheduling guidelines with PearsonVUE when scheduling the exam.
How is the PMP exam administered?
- The PMP exam is a psycho-metrically based, computer exam of 180 questions. The exam is offered by an independent testing company, PearsonVUE, and each exam question has one correct answer. You have just under four hours (230 minutes) to complete the exam. Many test-takers finish the exam with little time to spare. Each question has a level of difficulty assigned to it by PMI. The “mix” of difficult and easy questions determines how many questions you need to answer correctly. At the end of your exam you will receive your results immediately.
- The scores are the following:
- Overall: Pass/ Fail
- By Section:
- Below Proficient
- Moderately Proficient
- In addition to the overall pass/fail status, important diagnostic information on your performance is provided for each domain. This information provides specific guidance for both passing and failing candidates.
- It is possible to receive a below proficient score in one area and still pass. However, you will need to offset that below proficient score with higher scores in other areas.
What study materials are needed to prepare for the exam?
- We provide complete course materials to our students. Besides hundreds of pages of useful information, study aids, and references, students in our classes also receive a 90-day subscription to our online learning and simulation of the exam with over 1000 practice test questions.
- It is estimated that approximately 70% of exam questions come directly from the PMBOK® Guide. Students are encouraged to purchase the current edition of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge®, available at the PMI Bookstore or other retailers. PMI Members have access to a free e-copy of the PMBOK® Guide online that may be downloaded.
- All the questions on the examination have been written and extensively reviewed by qualified PMP credential holders and tracked to at least two academic references. These questions are mapped against the PMP Examination Content Outline to ensure that an appropriate number of questions are in place for a valid examination.
- Sample exam questions and suggested reading are also available on the PMI website.
How many hours of study time are necessary to pass the exam?
- The exact amount of time varies depending on individual learning styles and comfort level. Generally, students should expect to spend around 20-40 hours studying in addition to the time spent in class.
An exampla of a realistic, successful study plan:
- Begin to Read the PMBOK® Guide
- Read the Pre-Class Advance Reading Guide we provide when you register
- Consider joining a study group for support
- Attend all days of an instructor led learning class
- Use our exam simulator to take a practice exams until your comfortable and scoring well.
- If you consistently score above 80% on our practice exams, or when your instructor gives you the Green Light, you are ready to take the exam!
One Last Note…
We stand behind our course and methodology. We want you to take the PMP certification exam with the confidence and assurance that your investment in our PMP Boot Camp has paid off. Deciding to enroll in a 4-Day PMP Exam Prep class isn’t a decision you should make without having all of the information.If you can’t find the answers to your questions here, send us an email or give us a call. Our team is always happy to answer questions or provide additional information, whether you’re a student of ours or not. Take a look at the PMP FAQ’s page for more details and course dates.