COVID-19 Update: We’re in this together
We stand with our customers and the community worldwide during this critical time and are working towards making your training safer and easier. Our focus is squarely on the health and safety of our students and instructors, while trying to balance students’ needs to take the course when they have planned for it, and on our ability to help you to use this time as effectively as possible. The safety and health of our staff and students is our top priority and will guide our decision making during this time. We appreciate your patience, understanding and continued trust in us as we navigate this issue together.
We are taking the following steps in the interest of our students:
- Expanded Virtual Course Options: We have added additional live virtual courses to out schedule to accommodate anyone who may want to use this time toward productive learning. We have also created additional delivery options to meet your needs as work from home schedules are developing, including:
- Multiple Timezones – Virtual courses are offered in Eastern, Central, and Pacific timezones.
- Weekend Classes – Take your training over two consecutive weekends.
- Course Selection Flexibility: You can switch to one of our virtual live instructor-led courses and have the same great results, and pass guarantees as our live in-person courses or postpone to another course to run at a later date.
- Ongoing Monitoring & Communication: We are monitoring local, state, and federal guidance and will be as timely in our communications as possible. We know these changes are inconvenient and our goal is to work with you to identify a solution that you are satisfied with – whether that is taking the class on your scheduled dates virtually or postponing to a later in-person date.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I still attend my class as scheduled?
In the best interest of health and safety, some live classroom courses must be converted to a virtual remote classroom. You will be notified by our support team if your live course must be changed.
How do I change to a Virtual Classroom?
If you would like transfer into a virtual course, you may do so free of charge. We have added extra virtual sessions and are sure to have one that fits your schedule. You may even wish to reschedule into an earlier date to take advantage of work from home and furloughs.
Does you 100% Pass Guarantee still apply to Virtual Courses?
Yes! Our live, instructor led certification courses all come with a 100% money-back pass guarantee, no matter whether you are seated in a classroom, or in the comfort of your home. Our virtual courses have proven to have the same student success rate as our in-person classes.
When is the PMP Exam changing?
The release of the new Exam Content Outline for the PMP® certification is now set to launch January 2, 2021. If you’d like to know more about what is changing and the impact it will have, read our article outlining on the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam Change.
Can I still take my Exam once I complete the course?
PMI’s stated goal is to provide online proctoring for the PMP exam starting mid-April. The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exams are already available to be taken online.